|How to Make a Bow|
This lovely bow is perfect for wreaths, gifts and more. Many years ago, my mother taught me how to make it and I’ve had to make bows for everyone I know ever since. So please learn how to make these bows and take a little of the work load off of me!!!
1. Start by finding an item to use to wrap the ribbon around. For a large bow, a DVD case works nicely used the long way. Try it the short way or perhaps use a SD case for a smaller bow. Experiment until you find the right size object for the bows you need to make.
2. Wrap the ribbon around the DVD case about 6 to 7 times and then cut it off on an angle. Cut another piece of ribbon about 8 inches long to tie the bow in the center if using for a gift. If using as a tie for a wreath, make the extra piece much longer.
4. Unfold the ribbon and tie the loops together in the center with the 8” or longer strip of ribbon.
5. Starting on one side of the bow, go to the inside of the loops and grab the innermost loop.
6. Pull it out and bend it toward the center knot. No need to be overly gentle. I pull it out as hard as I can so I get as much of the ribbon out of the loop.
7. Pull the second loop from the inside out the opposite side just as you did the first one.
8. The third loop gets pulled out from the right side and brought to the center, and so on.
9. Continue in this fashion until all of the loops have been pulled out and brought towards the center of the bow. Do the same on the opposite side of the bow. Dress it a bit when you’re done.
And in no time you’ll have a lovely bow to be proud of for any craft or gift you are working on.
I hope you are as happy as I have been, knowing how to make beautiful bows…it really does come in handy throughout your life!
Children and adults alike will enjoy putting together these great hostess or neighborhood gifts for the holiday. They solve the problem of turkey leftovers and can become a traditional decoration!