Apples are a fall staple, and I think its fun to add them to your seasonal décor during the autumn months.
- An apple template or stencil
- Felt in apple colors: I used red, apple green, dark green , cream and black
- Co-ordinating embroidery floss
1. Trace around your apple template, creating three main pieces, the apple, a leaf and a stem. Cut out two apples, two leaves and one stem for all napkin rings.
2. Cut out additional details in felt like the cream tone as if the apple is cut in half and seeds if you like, although the apple napkin rings look great in solid red, green and yellow as well.
3. If you choose to add details, stitch the seeds onto the cream apple pieces, then the cream apple pieces onto the colored felt to create the front of the napkin rings.
5. Place the front of the apple directly on top of the back apple and stitch almost all the way around, sewing the two pieces together. You can stitch any way that is comfortable for you, I used the blanket stitch but a running stitch is fine as well.
6. Take the scraps of felt left from cutting out the apple pieces and cut them into small pieces of stuffing material. Lightly stuff the apple and then finish stitching it closed.
7. Cut two strips of felt 3/4” x 7”, set one on top of the other and stitch them together to create a double thick “ring” for the napkin to slide through. Once the two are together, make the circle and tack it in place. Then, stitch it to the back of your apple.
Check out our “Favorite Apple Projects and Crafts” boards on Pinterest to get ideas and inspiration for your own apple projects!