|Brown Bag Holiday Album|
crap booking has become a popular hobby in recent years. Supplies are available almost everywhere and the array is amazing. There are papers, stickers, embellishments, die cuts…the list goes on and on. IN fact, now you can even do all of this online to create an online scrapbook. However, I’ve always enjoyed the tactile experience of creating something with my hand, not with a computer, so this album is right up my alley!
If you think you’d like to create this fun project for yourself or someone special, gather these items together:
1. To begin this project, stack the five brown paper bags, alternating the open and closed ends. Next, fold the bags in half by bringing the bottom of the bag to the open end. Crease the folds well.
2. To punch holes for binding, first make a template. Once you are satisfied with the placement of the holes, mark each bag and punch the holes one bag at a time while the bag is folded.
3. Bind the book using various colors and patterns of ribbon.
4. Decorate the inside pages of the album with pieces of gift-wrap and cardstock papers. For additional decoration, you might also cut up old greeting cards. Designs can also be made from scraps of felt. Or, how about stickers, buttons, fibers and other embellishments, making sure to leave room for the photos!
5. Use tags to provide an area to record your memories of the holidays. Punch a whole in one end of the tag and tie off with colorful lengths of ribbon. Place the tags in pockets you create or the open ends of the bags to provide for journaling space.
6. Create a really inviting cover! Everyone knows you can’t judge a book by its cover, but when you’ve taken the time and had the patience to create a cover that looks like this….I’m going to judge that this book is very, very special!
© 2011. mattandshari.com, all rights reserved.