This is the perfect party dip because you are forced to share it and not eat it all up on your own! No one person needs all these tasty calories.
When you are taking drugs to help keep your arteries clean, it’s tough to justify making dips like this! However, once in a great while, I indulge. And believe me, this is an indulgence! So, it’s the perfect dip to take to a party or serve when you are having a party which is exactly what I did, that way you only get a small taste of it while your guests gobble it up! I serve this dip with homemade baked potato wedges, (which are wonderful even without the dip).
- 4 large baking potatoes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup food yeast or grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package of bacon
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh chives
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
1. Begin by cooking up the bacon in the microwave according to your microwave’s instructions. Drain on paper towels. Let the bacon cool and then crumble.
2. Stir together the sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon, chives and hot sauce. Cover and chill for at least an hour up to 24 hours before serving.
3. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Wash the potatoes and cut them each into 16 thick wedges. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and salt and toss the potatoes in this mixture.
4. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook for 30 – 35 minutes until potatoes are cooked through, browned and crispy.
5. While the potato wedges are hot, toss them in a big bowl with the food yeast or parmesan cheese and parsley and serve while hot.
6. Remove dip from refrigerator, garnish with bacon crumbles and chives.
If you have leftovers, this dip would taste wonderful as a topper to baked potatoes, maybe mixed in with scalloped potatoes, and I wonder how it might taste over eggs? Do your best to resist the urge to simply scoop some up on your finger and lick away!!