Peanut butter and banana go together to make all sorts of good treats, and this smoothie recipe has to be at the top of the heap!
This is a drink that I fell for several years ago when I felt that I wasn’t getting enough fruit in my diet. And besides that, on a hot summer day it makes a great treat.
- A Blender
- 1 Cup of ice cubes
- 1 Cup of pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 Banana
- Additional berries or fruit
1. Start with a blender and add one to two cups of pineapple juice.
2. Add the 2 – 3 cups of ice followed by a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter, which is a great way to get a little bit of protein. If you don’t like peanut butter (Shari) you can skip this, but I think you should try it, you won’t even taste it once it is blended.
3. Now add the banana and set your blender to whip and let it whirl. I like to run it until there is just a hint of ice left.
4. Pour into a tall glass, and enjoy a fabulous drink that is healthy and delicious to boot!!!
I usually make a blender full of these and place in a plastic storage container, then just pour over ice, when you want a refill.
For a little more fun, add any type of fruit you enjoy, strawberries are great as well as raspberries, any type of berry’s are great antioxidants. And for you adults out there, you can add something else if you get my drift. Did I hear someone mention the rum word!?