Swedish meatballs are always a party favorite. Who doesn’t like eating their food with a toothpick!
These treats are very flavorful and captured the heart of my “meat lover” little boy. I have a feeling I’ll be making these again soon, party or not!
- 1 lb. ground beef
(Use ground turkey for a low-fat recipe)
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread, no crust and slightly wet
- 1 bottle Heinz chili sauce
- 8 oz. grape jello
1. Mix the meat, onion, egg and bread and form small meatballs.
2. Melt jelly with chili sauce in saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Add the meatballs and simmer 1 hour. Serve with fancy toothpicks just because they are so much fun!
Thanks again go to one of our favorite “Board Broads” who added this recipe to our web cookbook. (I’m going back into the book and will try many more of the recipes so I can share them with you all. Those gals can really cook!)