Everytime I look at the blueberry pie photo I want to make one, and they are easy enough that I can!
I think by now you know that many of my recipes come from my local grocery store, Publix. I love them. Publix has a service called “Apron’s Simple Meals” and it is all part of a kiosk where chefs will make recipes and allow you to taste them and then all the ingredients, and I do mean ALL the ingredients are pulled together in a cooler case right behind the chef. The recipe is there as well, and let’s just say, it all makes me very happy…..as does this Blueberry Pouch Pie!
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- 1 Granny Smith apple (rinsed)
- 1 lemon (for juice, rinsed)
- 1 (21-ounce) can blueberry (or peach) pie filling
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- nonstick aluminum foil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon turbinado (raw) sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove pie crusts from package and let stand 4-5 minutes. Peel and core apples; cut (or dice) into small pieces and place in medium bowl. Squeeze juice of lemon over apple; stir until evenly coated.
Stir in pie filling and allspice until well blended.
2. Place 2 (10 x 12 inch) nonstick foil sheets on work surface. Unroll crusts over foil sheets. Pour half of filling into center of each pie crust. Fold edge of pie crust toward center, over filling.
Work clockwise around the edge of pie crust, overlapping folds, and leaving about 2-3 inches open in the center. Repeat with second pie. Gently transfer pies (on foil) to baking sheet.
3. Place butter in small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 20-30 seconds or until butter melts. Brush crusts with butter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake pies 25 – 30 minutes or until tops are golden.
4. Transfer pies (on foil) to wire cooling rack. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. (Makes 12 servings) Or 2 servings, wink wink!!
One of the advantages of using these tried and true recipes is that they offer the following information.
Calories per pie: 270kcal
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%
If you are interested in checking out any more of the “Apron’s” recipes, visit www.publix.com/aprons !