If you are looking for a sweet treat to give as gifts this year for the holidays, how about whipping together some chocolate bark?
I must admit, I have a sweet tooth, and this time of year is tough because I can never decide, do I want cake, pie, cookies, or candy? Well, at the holidays, why not have it all. This simple recipe that follows is a wonderful way for you and your family to make Christmas Candy. It takes very little time and everyone can help. This is also a great gift….if you can keep your hands off of it.
- Chocolate Chips – Semi or Milk
- Peppermint pieces…
…anything you can think of that will add a little taste upgrade
- Parchment Paper
1. Melt the chocolate chips by using a double boiler. I used a larger pot for boiling water, and then placed a smaller pan into the water making sure to hold on with a pot holder. Keep stirring, it starts to melt fast.
2. Stir the chocolate until smooth and creamy then slowly add the extra ingredients, I used Craisins, which are cranberry raisins, but you can use regular raisins.
3. I then added walnuts into the mix, making sure to stir it well. (This is a great job for the little helpers in your kitchen.
4. Have a cookie sheet ready with a sheet of parchment paper lining the tray. This will keep the chocolate mix from sticking to the tray.
5. Slowly pour the melted mix onto the tray and spread it to about ¼ inch thick.
6. Then add more of the extras onto the top of the chocolate. Can’t have enough goodies on top!
7. Place the tray in the refrigerator and allow the candy to cool for at least 1 hour (you may want to stand guard).
8. Break the bark into pieces and place into a serving dish.
Enjoy this simple treat; it is a great way to have everyone in your family in the kitchen cooking up something fun and tasty. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and friends have.