I’m not sure where this recipe originated…probably from the Nabisco Company, but they are fabulous made with the original Oreo and I recently had some made with the mint Oreo and fell in love again! I got this recipe from my friend Sharlee, who gives me most of my great recipes. The ones pictured are made from regular, original Oreos, without any extra drizzle or decoration. But going forward I wouldn’t hesitate to try any one of the great new Oreo flavors or add a drizzle of tinted, flavored chocolate when making this tasty dessert.
- 1 pkg. regular Oreos
- 1-8oz. pkg. cream cheese
- Melting chocolate
1. Use a food processor or blender to finely grind the entire package of Oreos.
2. Cube and add the package of cream cheese and blend for a few minutes until mixed.
3. Put mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour until chilled.
4. When the mixture is chilled, roll into bite size balls and put back into the refrigerator.
5. Melt the chocolate and bring out a few balls at a time. Submerge the balls into the chocolate and place on a cookie tray covered with wax paper.
*Keep the balls in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
*You can use melted white chocolate instead, or dress them up by drizzling white chocolate over the milk chocolate balls.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does, and if you happen upon a great combination of Oreo flavor and chocolate, let us all know!