How would it be possible to go wrong combining pumpkin with chocolate chips? Well, you can’t go wrong, and these cookies prove it!
What I found interesting about them is that they really end up tasting just like chocolate chip cookies, but a moister, softer version of the old favorite, surely because of the pumpkin!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla.
4. In another mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
5. Add dry mixture to creamed mixture and mix well. Hahaha, mix, mix, mix!
6. Add nuts and chocolate chips and again, mix well.
7. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto well greased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet while warm and cool on a rack.
In our cookie “cook-off”, I made the chocolate chip pumpkin cookies and I was very satisfied with their moistness in combination with the crunch of the walnuts. I will say there wasn’t a strong pumpkin flavor. If that is what you are craving, try the plain old “Pumpkin Cookies” recipe and I suggest adding the walnuts!