Get out the frying pan because the chicken and the quesadillas are cooked in it for a touch of crunch that makes them wonderful!
My kid’s order Chicken Quesadillas so often in restaurants that I think they may be of Mexican descent! Well, to satisfy their love of the dish, I’ve learned to make them correctly thanks to much research through my extensive cookbook collection. The ingredients are few, but the taste is wonderful with the addition of some of the most basic of Mexican additions….salsa, sour cream, and I’d add guacamole, (but I’m the only one in my family who would)!
- 1 Boneless chicken breast per serving.
Cut them in half
- 10” tortillas
- 2 bags of shredded cheddar or Mexican blend of cheeses
- Vegetable oil
- More salsa
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips or Fritos
1. Put about 1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil in the frying pan and heat it up on medium. Add the halved, boneless chicken breasts, salt & pepper them and brown on both sides. Lower heat and cover until cooked through.
2. Cut the cooked chicken into small pieces for spreading in the quesadilla.
3. Add 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil to another frying pan and spread evenly with a brush. Heat on medium until oil is hot.
4. Place a tortilla in the pan and sprinkle on the shredded cheese, chicken pieces and some salsa. Then, top with more shredded cheese. (This looks like I was being skimpy with the ingredients, but they tasted great.) Best to fill them to your liking.
5. Once filled, add the top tortilla and press down with your hands to get the cheese to stick to the top tortilla. Be very careful not to burn yourself on the rim of the pan!!
6. Let the tortilla sit so the cheese will melt for about 2 minutes. Keep checking the bottom so it doesn’t get burned. Then, flip the tortilla over and warm the top tortilla. Again, another minute or two and the quesadilla is done.
7. We cut our quesadillas into 6 pie shaped pieces and believe it or not, after about three, you can be quite stuffed! So in our family, two quesadillas will fee all four of us!
Combine the quesadillas with the Mexican Vegetable Soup and your family will be full, but will leave the table looking forward to the next time!
Speak Your Mind