These tasty beef sandwiches go great with just about anything, but I’ve served them with steak fries and corn on the cob and have gotten rave reviews.
The photo doesn’t show the “beefed up” version since my family can’t handle red peppers or onions. But if you don’t have sissies around, go for all the toppings, they are wonderful!
- Hormel Roast Beef Au Jus
(1 package makes three sandwiches)
- Sliced Provolone Cheese
- Red, Green and Yellow Peppers
- Garlic Salt
- Hoagie Rolls
1. Heat the Roast Beef according to the manufacturer’s instructions. While the beef is heating, slice peppers, onions and mushrooms.
2. In a skillet with some olive oil, sauté the onions and mushrooms and a dash or two of garlic salt until soft.
3. When beef is done, cut open the hoagie rolls, place on a baking sheet and build your sandwich. Start with the beef, then some cheese. Add onions and mushrooms if desired, along with peppers in the colors of your choice (heehee), and more cheese to melt everything together. (Reserve the Au Jus from the beef for dipping!)
4. Place the sandwiches under the broiler until the cheese melts and before the bread gets too brown.
5. We added some pepper and mayonnaise to ours, along with steak fries and corn and then the party really gets started!!
Warning! These sandwiches can be addicting. Don’t pass the recipe along or you’ll be eating them every time you visit one of your friends for dinner! Enjoy!