We all know that the best recipes come from family and friends and that is exactly how we got this one. Promise you’ll love it!
My family is in love with this chili recipe. It is from a very good cook who has been a part of the Matt and Shari family for a very long time. She was part of our previous message board and donated many recipes to a small recipe book that was created by the gals on “the board”. This one is definitely a keeper!
- 1 lb. ground beef chuck
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1- 29 ounce can tomato puree
- 1 can (about 15 oz.) of each black beans, Chickpeas, and red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 – 14 ½ ounce can zesty diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. salt
1. Cook the beef and onions in a large non-stick skillet until meat is browned and onions are translucent.
2. Transfer beef and onions to a 3 ½ quart or larger slow cooker and stir in the remaining ingredients. (This can be done the night before.)
3. Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours.
4. Serve with all of your favorite toppings. We tried oyster crackers, lettuce, scallions, sour cream, and shredded cheese. YUM!