I guess you could say that broccoli slaw is a cousin of the famous cole slaw with the addition of the broccoli which makes it heartier and healthier!
Matt’s favorite aunt, Aunt Jo, makes a great summer salad that looks like good ole Cole Slaw, but it was actually Broccoli Cole Slaw! Matt asked her for the recipe and instead of writing it down she showed him right then and there, and it took just a matter of minutes.
Here’s how to make your own broccoli salad for a quick and easy summertime get together or family dinner!
Ingredients List: (the photo represents double ingredients)
- 1 bag of Broccoli Slaw
- 1 cup of slaw dressing
- 1 apple
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of Craisins, or dried fruit
- 5 minutes of your time
*will serve 4 easily
Vegans, try adding Vegenaise instead of slaw dressing. You may have to add some Dijon mustard and salt and pepper to taste to get the flavor of the slaw dressing.
1. Get ready, start your watches. Pour broccoli slaw in large mixing bowl.
2. Prepare apples by cutting into small pieces. Cut one, eat one is Matt’s motto!
3. Add in apples, craisins…
…and walnuts to the mix or anything else you think will taste yummy.
4. Add the slaw dressing a little at a time and test for taste.
5. Mix all the ingredients together and check your watch, 5 minutes tops!
Serve with veggie burgers, smartdogs, and just about any summer time food.