This is the vegetarian version of my chicken and artichoke pasta and it is flavorful enough to stand alone even without the poultry!
For years I have used this recipe with the chicken addition. Now, I love it even more without the poultry. It’s fresh and tasty and is still one of my favorite “guests are coming over” meals because the whole dish can be made ahead of time just before your guests arrive! All you’ll need a nice crunchy salad and some good bread to be all set to go!
- ¾ pound ziti
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Try using Barilla Plus multi-grain pasta with Omega 3 for both health and taste and as many organic products as you can. If you are trying to make this a vegan meal, use veggie topping to replace the Parmesan cheese.
1. Cook the ziti or pasta of your choice according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the artichokes and tomatoes and sauté for about one minute. Add the tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the black olives…
…and the pasta. Mix well and serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe should make about 4-6 servings. It does store nicely in the refrigerator for several days on the off chance there is any left over!