Wraps can be personalized by putting in just the ingredients that you prefer, so set up a wrap buffet full of fillings and go crazy!
Wraps are one of the easiest sandwiches to pull together and because you are using either flatbread or tortillas, you can usually count on a few less carbohydrates than making a sandwich with bread or rolls.
The other advantage to wraps is that the wrap itself adds flavor to the sandwich! I’ve used a sundried tomato herb tortilla for mine, but one of my favorites is a spinach tortilla.
After that, it’s all in the ingredients, and those are entirely up to you! Just make sure everything is sliced up thin or dices so they will wrap up nicely. Even add sliced meats if you like.
Ingredients List: (Alter to suit your tastes!)
- Flavored tortillas or flatbreads
- Cucumbers, sliced thin
- Avocado, sliced thin
- Green pepper
- Diced tomatoes
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Shoestring carrots
- Red onion
- Black Olives
- Banana Peppers
1. Start by putting the tortilla or flatbread in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it so it will wrap easily.
2. Spread the open wrap with hummus. And remember, hummus too comes in a variety of flavors. It may have garlic, artichokes or even red pepper added to it.
3. Next, add the assortment of veggies that you desire, spreading them out so they will wrap easily.
4. Add the alfalfa sprouts and lettuce last.
5. Roll up the wrap and grab a box of toothpicks.
6. Add toothpicks every two inches so the wrap will hold together while you cut it!
The last step is the one that doesn’t even need to be mentioned – eating!