Stocking stuffers are difficult to figure out, but these candy coins will make every stocking searcher happy because they can use the cash to purchase exactly what they want!
You’d expect me to show you several of these since they are so small, but it’s tough to hang onto money these days, even if it is just coins! Then, when you wrap them to look like candy, what could be sweeter?
If you are tired of purchasing gift cards for your friends and relatives, how about saving up some coin and handing them a basket or candy dish full of wrapped “sweets”! It’s fast and easy and sure to be one of the gifts they’ll never forget!
- Containers of rolled coins
- Striped wrapping paper
- Clear cellophane
- Craft sticky dot of glue
- 6” pieces of 1/8” red or green satin ribbon
- Pinking shears
1. Mark and cut a 4” X 4” square of the striped wrapping paper.
2. Fold ¼” of one edge of the square back. Start rolling the roll of coins from the opposite edge so that the folded edge is the last part of the wrapping paper to roll around the coin roll. Glue shut with a craft sticky dot of glue.
3. Fold ends of wrapping paper in to enclose the roll of quarters in the wrapping paper.
4. Mark and cut a 7” X 7” square of cellophane. Roll wrapped quarter roll in the cellophane and lightly tape shut with a small piece of tape. (Tape is temporary.
5. Tie off ends of cellophane with ribbons and cut ribbons down to ¾”.
6. Cut cellophane ends with pinking shears so that they are about ¾”. Remove tape.
There are many applications for this gift. You can use them simply as decoration by arranging them in a bowl in your entry or on a coffee table. Keep them handy if you’ve forgotten a gift for someone or want to tip the mailman or delivery person.
I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t want to find a bunch of these in the bottom of my stocking this year, how about you?