Looking for some helpful tips and techniques for grilling out? Well, here are 10 that will keep you busy for weeks.
Hey folks, these grilling tips are from our favorite Tupperware consultant, Chris!
Although Matt is a real grill master, even he was impressed that there were things he didn’t know about grilling. Chris has offered up some advice on just the right products for the summer season, and a great recipe for Strawberry Margarita Squares. Let’s get this party started!
Tips from Chris:
1. When using wooden skewers for grilled kabobs, soak them in water for 20-30 minutes before putting on the grill to help prevent burning.
2. To achieve authentic barbeque flavor, brush sauce on meat or chicken during the last 10 to 15 minutes of cooking. Cover the grill to help foods cook evenly and stay tender.
3. Before lighting the grill, spray the grate with non-stick cooking spray for easy clean up.
4. Place food on the grill using tongs or a spatula. Using a fork will pierce the food allowing natural juices to be lost.
5. “Wet” barbeque refers to slathering the food with sauce toward the end of cooking. “Dry” barbeque refers to meat or poultry that is rubbed with a combination of herbs and other ingredients before grilling.
6. Like Caesar salad? Turn your salad into a meal by adding chicken, beef or shrimp that has been basted with Caesar dressing. For vegetarians, grilled Tempeh or Seitan can be done in the same manner.
7. Fruit kabobs are great on the grill. Thread large pieces of fruit, such as apple, pineapple, peach or pear on skewers and grill for 5 to 10 minutes. Grilled salmon & pineapple with a light sprinkling of Coriander is a favorite at my home!
8. Grilled food will cook more evenly if there is at least an inch of space between pieces.
9. Dress up your favorite burgers for some fun!
a. Southwest – add pepper jack cheese, avocado & salsa
b. Polynesian – add teriyaki sauce, sliced and grilled pineapple & chopped scallion
c. British – add Stilton cheese and bacon
d. Elvis – add peanut butter & bacon (don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it, it’s delicious!)
10. Cleaning the grill is easier than you think. When you’ve finished grilling, close the lid and let the residue burn off. If you’re using gas, don’t forget to turn it off after about 5 minutes. Then, ball up a large piece of aluminum foil and scrub the grate with the ball of foil or a wire brush. Cleaning is easier while the grate is warm.
As we move into the spring/summer season, thoughts surely turn to backyard fun, including BBQs! Tupperware has some handy products to make your grilling & BBQ meals easy to prepare.
Our Season-Serve® Container has built-in grids that allow marinades to flow around the food for ultimate coverage & flavor. The liquid tight seal allows you to flip the container without leaking. Hint: Tell your family that each time they open the refrigerator and they see this container, they should flip it. Marinating has never been so easy!
The Quick Shake® Container has a blender insert that mixes marinades, salad dressings, drinks and even instant pudding. The pour spout has a cover so leftovers stay fresh in the refrigerator.
The Hamburger Press & Hot Dog Keeper Set is a must! The Hamburger press and keepers help you shape & store/freeze perfect hamburger patties. The hot dog keeper stores hotdogs or sausages without the messy plastic package, and because they are separated in the container, it is easy to take just one or two when frozen.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and to let me know you’d like to purchase any of the products on my website!
Until next time, here’s a delicious dessert recipe from your Tupperware consultant. Hope you all have a wonderful summer!
STRAWBERRY MARGARITA SQUARES
*Combine 1 1/4 cups crushed pretzels and 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine in a 13 x 9 pan. Press the crumb mixture firmly on the bottom of pan. Refrigerate.
*Mix one can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup pureed strawberries and 1/2 cup lime juice in Thatsa Bowl Jr. until well blended.
*Stir in 1 (8 oz.) carton Cool Whip. Pour onto crust.
*Freeze until firm. Great when made a day ahead.
*Garnish with extra sliced strawberries. Makes 12 servings.
Yum! This sounds like the perfect dessert for any summer gathering. OK, Chris, keep those tasty recipes coming!