|Spaghetti and Meatball Costume|
I honestly don’t remember how we got started with the spaghetti and meatball costume, but we had a ball with it! No pun intended! Notice that it, like many of the other costumes we have been writing about start with a sweat suit. This one gets pretty elaborate, but it isn’t anything you don’t already have laying around the house!
Making the “table”:
1) To make the “table”, cut off the bottom of a large box. Draw a line 3 inches in from the sides and top. Repeat on the three other sides of the box. Cut on the lines to create the legs of the table.
2) Spray paint the table legs silver or a color of your choice.
3) Use a spray adhesive to add a plastic red checkered tablecloth. It should be large enough to cover the table top and the legs.
4) Cut a hole in the table top large enough for a child’s head to fit through.
5) Cut a matching hole out of a plastic plate and glue it in place on the table. Using your hot glue gun, add a napkin, a plastic knife and spoon, a glass, salt and pepper shakers, and a bud vase for a single flower.
Making the "hat":
1) Paint three Styrofoam balls brown to look like meatballs.
2) To make the spaghetti, cut 15 to 20 pieces of yarn about 15 inches in length. Glue the spaghetti onto a red hat and add the meatballs.
3) To add “sauce”, drizzle red acrylic paint over the spaghetti and meatballs. Hot glue a fork to the yarn.
I think you could be very creative using this basic idea, but change it up to be a picnic. Glue plastic ants to the table, add a picnic basket. Plastic children’s play food would be perfect for this. Perhaps you could find hot dogs and potato chips or use those single serving potato chip bags. If you prefer mexican food – go that route!