|Easy Pom-Pom Pillows|
Once you know how to make a yarn pom-pom, you’ll want to make more of them! So here’s a fun project to use your pom-poms.
Yes, I had a fabric printed with flowers so the pom-poms looked great stitched to center of the flowers. However, you can stitch large pom-poms to just the corners of your pillow, small ones all along the edge of the pillow, or just all over the front and back because you just feel crazy!!
1. Start by cutting out a front and back for your pillow. With ½ yard of fabric, I made an 18” square pillow but you can do any size you like.
2. Next, determine where you are going to put your pom-poms and make the number and size that you want. For detailed instructions on how to make the pom-poms, check out our article, Make Pom-Poms from Yarn. I made 7 of them of varying sizes to attach to the front of my pillow.
3. Using a needle and thread – even embroidery floss is fine, attach the pom-poms to the front and/or back pillow panels before putting the pillow together. If you are just adding pom-poms to the corners or edges, make and stuff the pillow first. (Step number 5.)
4. Continue adding pom-poms until you have all of them sewn on.
5. Pin the front and back of the pillow together with wrong sides facing each other. I chose to machine sew my pillow but you can hand sew it together as well. Remember to leave an opening so you can stuff it.
6. Stuff the pillow with the polyester Fiberfil until it is plump and fluffy!
7. I closed the opening in my pillow with my machine, but it too can be closed with the same stitch you used to hand sew the pillow together. If you are adding pom-poms to the corners or edges, do it now!
This is how much fun I want you to have when you make your pom-poms and pillows! I guess things are always a bit more fun when you do them with your best friend!!
© 2012. mattandshari.com, all rights reserved.