|*Shari's Clam Chowder|
As fall arrives I start thinking about all those cold weather recipes my family and friends have shared over the years and I just start a cookin’! this clam chowder recipe is from my very good friend Sharlee. She has offered several recipes of hers to us over the years for our e-newsletters. This on is one of my personal favorites. It makes up fairly quickly and lasts!
1) Clean, peel, dice and cook carrots and potatoes.
2) Saute onion and diced celery in two tablespoons of butter or margarine.
3) Drain potatoes and carrots and reserve about two potatoes worth of diced pieces in a bowl. Add onion and celery to potatoes and carrots. Add half and half and cook on low.
4) Mash the reserved two potatoes and add butter and pepper.
5) Stir mashed potato mixture into soup.
6) Add can of celery soup, clams and clam broth….
7) …and cooked, crumbled bacon.
8) Simmer several hours on low. Stir occasionally. If eating immediately, consistency should be just right. Once refrigerated, soup will get very thick and need to be thinned by adding milk while reheating. This makes it last and last!!
Anyone can bring out the china or glass appetizer or snack bowls, so why not create something unique that your guests will keep talking about after the party is over!