These cute yarn cards are perfect for the holidays but make one up for a special birthday or Mother’s Day!
Truth of the matter is that you probably won’t be creating 100 of these cards for your greeting card mailing list. These cards are for those “special” people that have touched your life this year, or done something to put them a little higher on the list, if you know what I mean!
I made these three in about an hour. Of course I already had the materials on hand. When I consider the time it takes to create a craft item, I rarely include the shopping time and that’s probably wrong on my part. So, factor that in and it’s a good half day project. In any case, have fun with it, I sure did.
Package of blank note cards and envelopes
Yarn colors of your choice
Items to trace around if necessary
1. For a wreath pattern, trace around an appropriate sized mug for the outer circle. Press very lightly with the pencil.
2. A cap off my daily vitamin jar created the inner circle and the wreath was about ¾” wide and worked out beautifully.
3. Cut pieces of yarn the same width as your wreath. I cut mine at ¾”. I also used three different colors of yarn to make my wreath more interesting.
4. Add craft glue to a portion of the inside of the wreath. Remember, you don’t want the glue to dry before you place the yarns on it.
5. Add the yarns and continue in this fashion.
6. When your project is finished, turn it over and set something heavy-ish on it so the card doesn’t warp.
7. Add a bow and you’re done!
I made several other cards just because I was in the groove and all my materials were out. They went quickly and I had a blast coming up with ideas. I hope you have as much fun with yours and know that the person on the receiving end will be delighted!