Tired of scrapbooking? Well hang on to your materials and turn them into greeting cards for every special occasion!
I do enjoy a bit of scrapbooking from time to time, but my daughter is crazy for it. She has accumulated quite a selection of patterned papers, stick on designs, lettering and much, much more.
As I was thinking about cards for the holidays it dawned on me that she might have some fun materials to select from. Well, I was right. I found a pretty blue snowflake paper, some stick on snowmen, ski’s and winter gear, along with sentiments like “Happy Holidays” and “’Tis the Season” and I felt like I hit the mother load!
If you have some left over scrapbooking materials around, you might want to make some seasonal greeting cards. Its fun and nice way to use up left overs!
- Blank cards with envelopes
- Printed scrapbook papers
- Scrapbook embellishments
- Double stick tape or glue
1. The most challenging part of this project is deciding what papers to blend with what stick-ons with what sentiment! As challenging as it is, it is equally as much fun! Once I chose this combination of pieces, I started considering layering, angling and sizing of the papers.
2. I wanted the snowflake paper to show in a larger portion than just a border, so I cut the solid blue paper a little smaller and angled it. A bit of double stick tape held everything together beautifully.
3. The last step is to add the stick-ons in locations that make sense to you. I loved playing with the placements of the skis and the snowballs. On the inside, write a personal note to a special friend or family member!
As you can see, these cards are as easy as 1 – 2 – 3. They’ll make quite an impression on the receiver and they can be so pretty, you might want to keep them and put them in frames. They make nice hostess gifts or tokens for a favorite neighbor!! How ever you use them, I hope they get you in the holiday spirit…they worked for me!