This pasta salad takes alittle more effort than most, but believe me it is worth it with the combination of flavors and textures it’s sure to be a hit.
My first couple of years working at Sherwin Williams, I was starting a new color marketing department, and I was located in the laboratory with the color scientists. Yes, they were in lab coats, and I was wearing my Liz Claiborne suits. However, we all got along great. In fact, one little sweetie that I was very happy to call my friend, Ann Marie, gave me her pasta recipe, and I’ve loved it ever since. Beware, there are a lot of ingredients, but you will be remembered for this. Try it at home and then think carefully before you share it with others. You may be forced to bring it every year!
- 16 oz. rotini noodles cooked and cooled
- 1 ½ cups broccoli flowerettes
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large carrot cut in slices
- 1 cup mushroom slices
- ½ cup black olive slices
- Slivered pepperoni slices
- Small cubes mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups fresh parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup walnuts or pine nuts
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tsp. dry sweet basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Red wine vinegar
1. Blend all dressing ingredients in blender except for the Red Wine Vinegar until smooth.
2. Afterwards, add vinegar to taste.
3. In a large bowl, mix approximately half of the dressing into the rotini noodles to coat well.
4. Add other ingredients and mix.
5. Then add the remaining dressing. Toss until coated. Serve the same day or keep all ingredients separate and mix together just prior to serving.
This recipe makes more than enough for dinner for a family of six. If you are cooking for an even bigger crowd, double it! Enjoy!